The tenant and owner are required to supply a 45 day written notice of their intent to vacate the property. When a notice has been received to vacate the property, a letter will be sent to the tenant providing them with instructions on what they should do during their final days in the home.
- The tenant must pay rent for their last month which may be prorated depending on their move-out date and lease termination date.
- We require the utilities to stay on in their name up to the day that they move out. Our Hawaii property management team will automatically transfer the utility services on your behalf to minimize any disruption in service.
- The tenant is required to have the carpet professionally cleaned.
- We ask the tenant to thoroughly clean the property:
- All doors, trim, and baseboards
- Draperies, blinds, windows, and window screens
- All Appliances
- Ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Water fixtures such as sinks, faucets, bathtubs / showers and toilets
- Countertops and cabinets
- Face plates and protective covers around outlets, light switches, etc.
- Sweep garages floors, porches, balconies and lanais
- The tenant must leave the yard in good condition:
- Trim and prune bushes and shrubs
- Remove trash and debris from the yard
- Pull weeds
- Replace any plants which may have died
- Cut and trim the grass
- Repair damage caused tenant:
- Patch larger holes in the walls
- Replace batteries or light bulbs that may have gone out
- Clean or replace air filters
Please sign in to leave a comment.