To register for both the general excise and transient accommodations taxes, you must fill out the Basic Business Application (Form BB-1). This application should be filed in the district in which you live or where the rental property is situated. Submit your application to the Department of Taxation and keep a copy of the application for your records. Applications may be obtained from any district tax office.
Articles in this section
- What must I do if I sell my rental property?
- Is the GET a sales tax?
- Because of all of my expenses, depreciation, etc., I always show a loss on my income tax return. Do I still have to file a Hawaii income tax return?
- Is there any minimum amount of tax I have to pay? If I only rent out one room in my house, will I still have to pay the general excise and transient accommodations taxes?
- If the general excise and transient accommodations taxes are levied on gross rental income, does that mean that nothing is deductible?
- If I rent an accommodation to relatives such as my son and his family, is the rental income I receive subject to the general excise and transient accommodations taxes?
- Will it make a difference if I visibly pass on the general excise and transient accommodation taxes?
- What percent of my gross rental income will I have to pay as general excise and transient accommodations taxes?
- What do I need to do to register for the general 5 excise and transient accommodations taxes?
- Will I be issued one identification number for the general excise tax and a separate identification number for the transient accommodations tax?