HappyDoors has a drug-free policy for tenants and it is a requirement of your tenancy as outlined in the agreement. However, people can encounter drug problems from other residents from the lowest income neighborhood to the highest. We want you to be aware of signs of potential drug problems in any neighborhood.
- Do not approach a house or building if you smell a strong chemical odor. Report it to the authorities. Drug houses may contain volatile chemicals and can easily explode.
- Do not pick up abandoned purses, suitcases, filled bottles, or packages. People place “meth labs” in objects of many shapes and sizes. They are highly explosive and dangerous; report any unusual or abandoned object to the authorities. Do not attempt to examine it yourself.
- If you see constant pedestrian or vehicle traffic in your neighborhood at all times of the day and particularly at night, it could be a drug house, particularly if you observe high security precautions surrounding the property.
- First, report unusual and disturbing activities in your neighborhood to the authorities, and then notify HappyDoors of your suspicions as soon as possible.
- Educate and train children of all ages for the signs of drug activities or a drug house.
- Be aware and be alert – a drug house or drug activities are a danger anywhere and to everyone.
Please sign in to leave a comment.